There are a lot of people thinking and talking about this important topic, and if you think it may be affectng you google it to find the resources that resonate best with you.
Here at the Men’s centre we are not so concerned about the why, we focus on building the energy in mens lives through counselling, coaching and participation in Men’s groups. Together these things can all make postive changes in your life and increase your sense or purpose and day to day enjoyment of life.
Depression can mean many different things, and people often assume it is about sadness and suicidality — however, most people experience other symptom as listed below, and you can see it’s a broad list, and many people experience depression may not recognize it, or be unwilling to take steps to enhance the quality of their life often having difficulty seeing that things could change.
- Trouble concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and helplessness
- Pessimism and hopelessness
- Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or sleeping too much
- Crankiness or irritability
- Loss of interest in things once pleasurable, including sex
- Overeating or appetite loss
- Aches, pains, headaches, or cramps that won’t go away
- Digestive problems that don’t get better, even with treatment
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” feelings
- Suicidal thoughts or suicide attempt
- Increase in substance use or abuse
- Lose pleasure in life
If you think these could be affecting you or the quality of your life and relationships is not what you would like it to be, give us a call.